Monday 14 February 2011

Quorn Blue Cheese Mushrooms

27/70


I made this recipe for our lunch yesterday and was not entirely convinced it was my kind of meal as I am not a fan of blue cheese at all. I had bought Dolcelatte as the wrapper promised that it was 'mild' and I could not have faced using stilton or shropshire blue. I have to say I think I did right because it was still slightly too intense for me but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.


Basically the premise here is simply to cook off some chicken or steak style quorn pieces (I used chicken style), put them onto some upturned large flat mushrooms (I used portobellos as they are lovely and meaty in texture) then crumble over the cheese and some breadcrumbs and bake in the oven for about 8 minutes.


It does have some major plus points because it is one of those magic recipes which is incredibly quick and simple but looks pretty impressive and fancy on the plate, like this:






I think this dish would make an ideal starter for a nice meal, I served it on a bed of rocket as was suggested in the recipe and it was lovely as a light lunch dish.


I was surprised how much I did like it (although I am certain I would not have felt the same if I had used a stronger blue cheese). I am still not overly keen on the distinctive blue cheese flavour but it does work with the quorn and the mushroom.


Points wise this is not too bad. It works out at 7 propoints per portion, broken down as follows, quorn (2), blue cheese (3), oil (1), breadcrumbs (1).


Something a bit different here and my husband really liked it, we give it an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment